It is so easy to be caught up in your fitness program. With the determination and focus on each routine, you sometimes forget to eat; only taking a break to catch your breath. Yes, it is important to take a rest but it is also the same as the need to eat. You might have apprehensions about eating due to the possibility of gaining the calories you’ve burned out from the intense and dedicated workout you just had. But you shouldn’t be afraid though we understand your concern.
There are many reasons why we work ourselves in getting to the gym or wake up early in the morning to jog. Some of these reasons are to build muscle, lose weight particularly the belly part and of course, get the shape you want. Getting fit and healthy isn’t easy. Finding the right fitness program that is ideally perfect for your body can be quite difficult. Determining the proper nutritional diet can also be confusing and tough to come up with a decision. We know how frustrating it can be if you feel that you’re putting your effort into a fruitless workout. Plus add the thought of eating plan and tasteless meals. Not entirely encouraging right?
But worry no more! Healthy meals can be made easy! Let us show you some of the effective and best workout meals you can prepare before and after you perform your fitness training!
The Pre-Workout Meals
Gearing up before you hit the gym and the workout intensifies, you must prepare your body with a good healthy food. Check these quick and easy-to-prepare pre-workout meals!
Meal 1: Oatmeal and Fresh Fruit Combo
This is one of the basic and actually a good choice for breakfast. You can easily prepare this and quickly adaptable if you want to toss in other healthy ingredients. It will still taste good no matter how you want it – either plain or with fruits on the top!
- In a small saucepan, pour in a ½ cup of water and oats. Start with high heat to bring it into a boil and then, later on, reduce it to medium-low. Wait for the water to be absorbed by the oats. This should take about 5 minutes only.
- Add in the cinnamon and a bit of salt. Stir well and pour it into a bowl or a deep dish plate. You can now add the berries, bananas, and nuts on top. Dried fruits also taste good with oats. By adding fruits to this meal can provide your sugar to your bloodstream and increase the fluid content for your snack so you will be hydrated enough to start and keep going during your workout.
Meal 2: Wheat Toast topped with Banana Slices
Don’t be afraid of carbs. It is actually a friend that can help you get ready for what’s about to happen at the gym. Having a whole wheat toast together with banana slices is being able to eat with mixed and complex carbs. This will support your body, keeps your motor humming and it is quite easy to digest.
- Over a low-medium heat, place your bread in a non-stick pan or griddle. Let it feel the heat for about one minute.
- Cover the bread with the sliced bananas. They should be in discs shapes. You may overlap a discover the other and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Gently press the bread using a ladle or a spoon will do. The cinnamon must merge with the bananas while it sinks and sticks into the bread.
- Once the bread is brown the way you want it, you can take it out of the pan or griddle and enjoy a healthy breakfast!
The Post-Workout Meals
It is quite crucial to pick the right food and prepare the ideal dish after your exercise or fitness training. However, the top reminder you must keep in mind is to eat healthy-quality food that can renew your strength after getting tired from your workout.
Make it your priority to replenish the things that have been lost during your routine. In order to optimize result, you must renew your supply of amino acids and glycogen, increase protein synthesis and recharge a quick dose of nutrients.
Don’t settle for just protein shakes. You can actually prepare deliciously and still be on track with your fitness goals. Here are a few quick recipes you can try for your post-workout meal choices.
Meal 1: Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
This recovery dish tastes fantastic and offers amazingly nutritional benefits. Chicken breast is a considered to be an excellent source of low-fat protein, while sweet potatoes are hailed to be perfect bodybuilder carb.
- Start off with cutting or dicing a large chicken breast. Throw it into a big skillet over a medium-high heat. It is advisable to use olive oil. Make sure that they are in a single layer so they are evenly cooked. If your skillet is not big enough, it is recommended to work in batches.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add ½ cup of diced sweet potatoes, cinnamon. It also tastes better if you add ½ cup of apples. Of course, don’t forget to add salt and pepper according to your liking.
Meal 2: Tuna and Crackers
If you don’t like to prep and not much of a cook, then you can try this simple yet wonderful treat for your body. You can easily prepare this meal and as quickly eat it without too much of a hassle. This is a “must-have” pair for your crackers as it will enhance the taste and brighten up the experience of eating them plain.
Yellowfin tuna is actually a great source of protein wherein it can provide eight more grams of protein than the amount you can get from salmon. It is mild and doesn’t have a fishy flavor. This meal will help you increase your energy, boost the immune system and a recommended choice if you need help in terms of controlling your weight. Plus they are both shelf stable and almost available on hand.
- Simply prepare your favorite crackers like Ritz Crackers and a can of yellowfin tuna.
- Place the tuna in a medium-sized bowl. You can mash them up into your desired cuts or size.
- Add ½ cup or a handful of crushed-up whole grain crackers, celery, onions, and pepper. Mix them all together and prepare it like a salad.
- Add pepper, chopped-up pickles and a dab of olive oil to heighten the flavor. You can also garnish the crackers with a fresh dill weed and then put the tuna salad on top of it.
All you need to do is let your mind be creative and have the desire to explore. You shouldn’t settle with plain and somehow bland meals but rather try these awesome yet healthy dishes that can support you in your fitness journey.
Want to know more of our fitness tips and workout meals? Visit our blog and expand your knowledge. Plus chic workout outfits and great discounts await you! Discover how by signing up to our VIP membership club today!